Monday, July 7, 2008

Congratulations RAFA!!! Wimbeldon Men's Singles CHAMPION 2008!!!


I wasn't even able to write anything here about his Roland Garros match wherein Rafa stunned everyone, including No. 1 himself - Roger Federer in an unbelievable display of Clay Supremacy at 6-1 6-3 6-0...

and NOW, even more unbelievable, RAFA managed probably THE biggest upset over Roger Federer and --- on grass....

6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (5/7), 6-7 (8/10), 9-7 ***whew***

A Match of 4 hours and 48 minutes and it's all worth it... after about 2 1/2 hours of play, I thought Federer is stuck with the ominous '4' throughout the match but he did got over it... both players showcased world-class unbelievable absolutely amazing plays I wish I was there live, hahaha...

But seeing my fave player - Rafa - WIN is rewarding enough ;)

Federer did well too but Rafa was persistent, diligent and never backed down... twas an endurance of mental and physical stamina, i think and in tennis, as always, may the best man win, and win he did...

from Rafa:

"It's impossible to explain what I felt when I won. I'm just very happy to win this title. I never thought I could win but to do so is a dream," said Nadal who had lost the last two finals to Federer.

"I had match points but Roger is very tough. I want to congratulate Roger because he is great for tennis, win or lose.

"He's still the number one, he's still the best. He is a five-time champion and I have just the one title here."



from Roger:

"I tried everything," he said. "Rafa is a deserving champion -- he just played fantastic.

"It is a pity I didn't win but I will be back next year."


One of the greatest match ever!!! Twas an upsetting day though for Roger but I think this isn't the last we see of these 2 best players fighting it out in a championship match... more to come...


CONGRATS again RAFA!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations...you are hired as our publications sports writer..please bring your resume, 1 valid ID, and 2 2x2 picture. (for employment)...have a great day... :)

C said...

grrr :P