Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lost, Found and other random thoughts

Where art thou?

USB cable, Billing Statements, Keys, Bills, Plane ticket, Flash drive, wallet, bracelet, Cellphone, an earring – these are just some of the personal things I thought I lost at one point or another. Some things really get lost never to return in my possession while others are found, like the 300 bucks I discovered in the jeans I wore last Saturday, mind you, those pair of jeans have been submerged in the washing machine yet, the money stayed in that pocket and actually dried in there and yaya (nanny) didn’t know of it (note to self: make sure to empty pocket/s before dumping the used jeans in the bin). That, actually isn’t a rare occurrence. I have left, I think a fifty or a hundred bill here or there, biggest left-over blunder of mine is a 500 Peso Bill, the only difference is that the previous yaya usually empty pockets before washing and she honestly returns these money I so carelessly left in my pieces of clothing. Shoot! How dumb can I get right? Well, I am most DUMB losing a wallet (twice, in a span of eight months), the first wallet was more loaded thus more painful to accept, I was kinda depressed for awhile then but aside from bein blue, the hassles of card replacements (credit cards, reward cards, social security card, atm, etc.) is a pain in itself as I relate quite a number of times to strangers how and when I committed this act of dumbness… The 2nd loss of my wallet is easier to accept, no, not because I am already a veteran at it, but my wallet was very light that time, just a few hundred pesos, I think… and just 2 credit cards, 1 atm, 2 reward cards I only got depressed for a few hours… Btw, there was this favorite earring I lost when I attended a wedding, that was sad because I loved that earring soo much, I bought it from Bali’s Silver Craft center last year L the other earring is still in my possession though, I never threw it hoping someday, I will find the other piece…

On losing money, I’ve learned that money can indeed make me a bit happy, as I do have purchasing power when I have them but when I lose money, it comes back, sometimes double or triple its worth ;) A good friend of mine once said, ‘never say you don’t have money because you know you do, no matter how small it is, you should be glad you have it and do not hold on to your money so much, if you use it on things and people you love, it’ll come back to you, even ten-folds’. True enough, since I listened to her about 6 years ago, I have never hold on to money like it was God or something, it’s just a piece of paper that comes in and out of my life and once I lose it, I know I will earn it back J More importantly, there’s a sense of joy in buying even the simplest stuff for my family, friends, loved-ones ;)

No comments: