Sunday, August 5, 2007

IM compare

I began chatting thru a friend’s influence about two years ago when she introduced me to Skype. Prior to that, I’ve heard about other IM’s but it didn’t seem to interest me… So I can say my virtual life (i.e., the internet-addict-me)actually began with Skype and everything else is history :P

YM. Probably still the most popular IM service there is. (+) about is its offline messaging. However, (-), its emoticons are not that good-looking, for me.

MSN. It is quite neat looking. (+) is you can add gif’s to be your own emoticon. (-) is that not many people are actually using it, t lacks the 'oomph' factor I guess.

Google Talk. Quite neat also. (+) If you're opening your gmail, you can G-talk too. (-) What if your friends don't use Gmail? hmmm

Skype. Unlike other IM service, (+ + +) I think Skype is neat, organized, nice hue: color blue ;) and has the cutest emoticons :P… (-) Downside though – no offline messaging… So if a contact of yours has messaged you and you’re offline, chances are, you won’t ever get it until you’re both online… well you just have to persuade them to be always o.l. then, hehehe...

Ok, take deep breath and skype now… hehe, I’m such a Skype-a-holic I know :P

No comments: