Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Bali Beautiful

(sigh) Bali.....

I love the place... The short drive from the airport to the hotel where we stayed was pleasant.. We settled at their resto for awhile before deciding to go to the beach for a swim... Only drawback that morning was we walked a lot, which I dont mind really but well, my friend does... poor Meg, she's pretty exhausted from all the walking and we finally reached the so-called beach, but well we decided to walk more to a more 'swimmable' (pardon my new word) area. We've reached one and soaked for awhile and it is really just 'a while' literally coz we decided to go back to the hotel, dipped at their cute pool and dress up for our next destination. We're headed to the Gold/Silver Shop wherein I bought some 'pasalubong' (souvenir) for Mommy and Chummy (my sister). Meg bought some too for herself and her sister too... Then, we're off to Tanah Lot...

Unfortunately, we encountered a ROADBLOCK!!! (very TARA)... We got stuck on a road goin there bec. of a mis-hap wherein a truck's content blocked the not-so-big street. When we reached Tanah Lot, the sun's already down but the skies' still gleaming with silver gray hues... My first sight of the temple, i was really moved, I was near tears (sigh)... This is the kind of place you will feel you're near HIM -- THE CREATOR... (sigh) very BEAUTIFUL place!!!!!

When we left Tanah Lot, we're soo very famished, I swear I want to load lots of Carbohydrates that time, LOL ... What better way to satisfy this hunger than to go to Jimbaran!!! It's actually a long stretch of dining haven by the sea... You will order fresh seafood that'll be cooked for you, instantly... Aside from the frsh seafood, the very relaxing atmosphere by the seashore: the night sky, the seabreeze, music playing and waves (ombak) coming and going will truly make any weary soul calm and rested... WE had Squid, Red Snapper, Clams, and Tom Yam soup, which, I kinda regret coz I ordered it Spicy coz I thought I like Spicy food well apparently I thought wrong, hihihi... But over-all the evening at Jimbaran was wonderful... After our dining experience by the sea, I thought we can still hop to Kuta Square and shop but they're already closed by this time.... So we just headed back to the hotel and zzzzzzzzz......

I actually had a good night's sleep after a loooong while... But I woke up at 3 a.m. I always do, unfortunately)... With nothing to do, I scoured my bag, looking for a pen and paper coz I thought of writing a letter to my dear friends whom we will meet come Monday: King, MissU & of course Manis :P But my restlessness actually disturbed my friend's sleep (hihihi, sorry, Meg).. After about 30-45 minutes of restlessness, I've finally convinced myself to rest again so I did and woke up about 6 a.m.

Day 2 which is also our last day in Bali (hiksssss.....) started witha Buffet Breakfast... Then we went to Nusa Dua... This place we went to is like a park/beach which actually reminded me a lot of my mom's hometown - Guimaras... It really did seem like Guimaras with its laid back atmosphere, friendly folks, light colored sand; only thing lacking is the brimming Mango groves, hihihi.... We took some photos here and dipped in the cool cool water.... Then we went back to the hotel for our...

SPA! I had Balinese massage while Meg had Hot Stone Massage which is GREAT!!!! One and a half hour of such a wonderful / relaxing experience!!!

After this, we headed to Ubud for a lunch at Padi Prada overlooking some paddy fields... I had Nasi Goreng while Meg had Red Snapper (again)... She also ordered Choco-Milkshake and was a bit disappointed coz twas, she said, not as sweet as she expected it to be... Oh well, but the dessert made up for the disappointment, I think... The Banana Crepe was absolutely YUMMY!!!

After this, we decided to cancel the Elephant Safari thingy and go direct to Tampak Siring which I kinda regret. Not that I didn't like Tampak Siring... It's just that Meg really really really wanna ride the Elephant and I wish we just went there, to make my friend happy, despite the time constraint... We just took some snapshots at Tampak Siring and move on to:

Sukawati Art Market. This seems like Divisoria in Manila wherein one has to haggle and haggle and haggle till you get the price you want.. Kinda tiring but exciting at the same time, hihihi... Plus, vendors actually thought we're Indonesians so they're speaking to us in BI always which added to the chaos. LOL. We bought a lot here like Shawl, Sarong, Kid's clothes, Belt, Blouse, fancy earrings, Shirts, etc., etc.

After Sukawati, it's Kuta Square time but our Shopping was cut short coz we wanna Check-In at the a/p on time... and hiksss, it's nearly goodbye-Bali time... So we ordered fast food at McDonald's and flagged a taxi back to the hotel wherein a Van will transport us to the a/p...

So our bags and stuff were loaded to the Van and like true TARA fashion, we hurriedly arranged most of our stuff while at the Car; Meg ate her Nuggest while I was wearing my socks/shoes...

:(

Now, this is indeed Goodbye Bali... Hopefully, I can come back to this beautiful island next time with more days to spend... (sigh)

No comments: