Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Flights

Friday. June 29. Less than 2 hours before our 8:55 p.m. flight and we're (Meg & I) still stuck in traffic nearby Ortigas, just around the corner from our offices. Will we make it on time? ..... We actually did make it around an hour before our flight but when we got there, nothing's happening really. There were like 10 of us on three separate queues but no movement at all. The CebPac ladies aren't checking any of us IN. First, they wouldn't tell us why. Then, they said their system/computer is down. Eventually, everyone got restless and they finally admit it: they're over-booked. WTF??? f$%^%$^^ how can that happen??? Okay, okay if it is indeed possible for somethin like this to happen, the airline must've learned about it in advance right? And should've informed us - passengers way in advance too. Now, at this point, I'm really gettin MAD! Since nothing is and seems nothing ever will happen to the queue, I went to their Supervisor to demand we got on that flight since we have a plane to catch the next day (to DPS)... Now, this Supervisor said, of course, they're doin everything they can: trying to get PAL (Phil. Airlines) to accomodate other passengers (that must be us) on their flight the next day AND/OR they're talking to passengers aboard also who'd be willing to get off, those who will will be booked overnight and given free tickets... 15 minutes.... 30 minutes... 45 minutes have passed and still.... NIL.............................................................................................. Finally, at around 9 p.m., those who came in before us we're allowed to check in.... After this, we're the only two left and of course, This really got me furious by this time so I again approached the Supervisor who just told me we're next to be called. Actually we're next an dlast to be called. And so finally, they Checked us In and they hurriedly assist us to the TravelTax, BI/Customs... and they even politely asked us to walk in fast pace. So Meg and I finally boarded the plane and the as we did, they closed the doors and off to JKT - Finally! Finally! Btw, some turbulence on the way to CGK but my friend, who's sound asleep didnt know a thing about it... We landed at CGK at 11:30 p.m. and met Ray there, Whew!

A few hours to waste while waiting for the Check In counter of Garuda to open... of course, my dear friend's asleep again... One thing I learned about this trip is that I really can't sleep on airports or airplanes or probably it's just that I cannot sleep without the comforts of a fluffy bed and my favorite pillow... So I walked, took pictures, met this cute little girl, etc... And although I literally didn't have any sleep, I'm just happy we're finally boarding this GA flight...

Nice flight on the way to Bali. GA was efficient, warm and pleasant.I was amazed actually with the view from my window seat... What's wonderful about this flight is that the sun's also rising as our plane's ascending! Magnificent view of the seemingly endless ocean, the fluffy clouds, blue skies you can almost touch oh and that spectacular view of the volcano's crater - AMAZING!


Sunday. July 1. We wanted to make it to the a/p as soon as possible coz we don't wanna be late this time. So against our will, we cut our shopping time short and head to the a/p nearly 2 hours before our flight which is the last flight out to Jkt thru AA. Much to our dismay, we learned at the AA Check In counter that our flight will be delayed. Instead of leaving Dps 11 p.m., our flight will leave at 12:20 a.m. So instead of flying out at July 1, we'll do so July 2... Now a little before 12 midnight, with hordes of AA passengers at the a/p, we were told that there'd be 20 more minutes of delay.... I swear, I am soooo exhausted at this time coz although we're there at the a/p for nearly 3 hours and a half, I can't even take a nap, waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! So, 12:40 finally came and everyone rushed and rushed out of the gate to the plane... At this point, my friend and I were just wondering, 'why the hell are people running to the plane?', so, it's bec. there's no assigned seat no. in AA flights hence you must run if you wanna get a good seat, wow, very very interesting, LOL....

Goin back to Manila via CebPac was generally okay... not much turbulence... and also the stars were shining oh so brightly that night.... Me, enjoying my window seat... I was also still thinkin of Indon. at this time and how it seems I miss the people/place already.... (sigh)... and I also got to NAP, finally! maybe around 15 minutes! All's goin well, really well maybe except for that foreigner (American, I think) that's a row ahead of me and Meg... He occupied all three seats ahead of us and slept, he did made some loud noises, like snore, in his pre-R.E.M. state and then BLAG! he fell from the seat... LOL! and that's what I will remember about that flight..... hehehe

P.S.

Cebu Pacific tagline: "It's time everyone flies"

my suggestion: "It's time everyone gets stressed out THEN, flies"

AirAsia tagline: "Now everyone can fly"

my suggestion: "Now everyone can fly, BUT...... delayed"

No comments: