Friday, July 20, 2007

The Invitation

It was a pretty unusual Roy-free Friday night for me last week. I am meeting with my friend - at RGL - Belle who is also my former officemate at THE BODY SHOP HR & my 'kumare' too. I have to give to her the Invitation to Jerlyn's wedding on the 28th. Jerlyn is a former OJT of mine at THE BODY SHOP too before... She's such a jolly, quirky, zestful gal and I'm glad she's gettin married to the man she loves :D It just seems like yesterday when Jerlyn and I worked together at TBS... and it seems just a few months ago that she graduated from college, got a job, intro. me to this future-hub of hers, hmmm, time does fly by... fast...

Belle and I met at, of course, TBS!!! Hehehe, lots of memories here... good, nice, pleasant, etc., etc., hehehe... But seriously, I'm REALLY REALLY glad about meeting Bel... I do miss her a lot! I remember she was my seatmate when I was still at TBS... before, during and after my 'conceiving' days, hehehe ;) while she was busy dealing with the ever-tedious benefits then, i was practically screening-24/7 there and that's where/how she became my 'kumare'...

I dragged her to eat at Chaikofi, which is an open-resto at the newly opened East Wing of RGL ;) We both had Lasagna and Tea ;) Believe it or not, I just thought we'll just exchange some questions/stories to catch up on what's happening on each other's lives. BUT more than that, twas a night wherein I learned a lot... a lot of things that I actually already knew before but am ignoring... Let's just say it's selective amnesia... Funny how we can easily forget or erase in our memory stuff that we already know because we don't bother to take time out to consider others' no matter how we say they mean a lot to us...

More than anything else, for me, twas a night of some significant awakening.... It was one important night of 'the Invitation'... inviting important thoughts I ignored a looong time ago...

No comments: